The CBM is open to the general public :
Monday through Friday :
- 8.45 - 12.00 a.m.
- 2 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.
- Tel : + 33 (0)238 25 55 40
- Fax : + 33 (0)238 63 15 17
The CBM is located on the CNRS campus in Orléans la Source, about 5 miles (8 km) south of Orléans town center, and can be accessed by various means of transport.
Orléans la Source map
- There is a regular train service between Paris and Orléans. Timetable information is available from French railways (SNCF) at http://www.sncf.fr. Trains depart from the ’Paris Austerlitz’ station and the journey takes 1 hour. There are 2 train stations in Orléans : Les Aubrais to the north of the city center, and Orléans station downtown. Mainline trains stop only at Les Aubrais, but there is a shuttle train (5 mn) into town. A tram service operates from both train stations to Orléans la Source.
- The tramway : Trams run about every 10 minutes, from 5 a.m. to midnight. It takes 30 - 35 minutes to get to the CNRS campus from the train station. Get off at the stop ’Université-L’Indien’.
From Orléans city center, in addition to the tram, there are 2 bus routes :
- Bus line 13 : stop ’Beaumarchais’
- Bus line 20 : stop ’Recherche scientifique’
See Orléans la Source’s map
If coming by motorway :
- From Paris, take the A10 (direction Bordeaux) then at Orléans Nord, the A71 (direction Bourges).
- From Paris or Vierzon, on the A71, exit at junction 2 Orléans-Sud (direction Olivet / Orléans la Source)
After the toll barrier, follow the N271 towards Orléans la Source. At the interchange, take the left lane and drive over the N20. This takes you onto the Route de Bourges which runs through an industrial park into the Avenue du Président J.F. Kennedy. The University campus is on your left. Drive straight on over several traffic lights until reaching a T-junction in front of the Lycée Voltaire. Turn left into Rue Beaumarchais, then right at the mini-roundabout on the Avenue de la Recherche Scientifique, then left at the traffic light into the CNRS campus.
If coming by the N20 from Paris, there are two possible routes (see the map of Orléans) :
- → Follow the N20 into the town center of Orléans and turn right at the train station
- → Cross the Loire river by the Pont Joffre and drive straight on southwards along the N20 for 6-8 km.
- → After passing the Zenith (on your left) and the hypermarket Auchan (on your right), take the second exit, signposted Orléans-La Source.
- → This takes you onto route de Bourges (see above for further directions).
- → Follow the N20 into the town center of Orléans and turn left at the train station
- → Follow the signs to Orléans la Source which bring you onto the expressway avenue Gaston Galloux southbound over the Loire (Pont Thinat)
- → The expressway ends (after about 6 km) in a large roundabout. Drive straight ahead onto the avenue de la Recherche Scientifique, leaving the university campus to your right.
- → CBM is on the lefthand side of this avenue.
- → At the first traffic light turn left into the CNRS campus.
Welcome to the Centre for Molecular Biophysics !
Rue Charles Sadron
45071 ORLEANS CEDEX 2
02 38 25 55 40